Tomorrow night, the second-seeded Spaniard aims for a picture-perfect start in Acapulco. In a stylistic clash pitting the King of Clay's baseline prowess vs.
Zverev's net-rushing aggression, Nadal thrashed the German, , , in their lone prior meeting in Brisbane last month. Since his victory over Murray, Zverev has skidded to four straight defeats, winning just one set—the opening set vs.
Grigor Dimitrov in Rotterdam—in that span. However, Zverev did partner younger brother Alexander Zverev to the Montpellier doubles crown and arrives in Acapulco with a career-high rank of No.
- Kyrgios defeated three top players on the way to the title, saving three match points in a second-round victory over second-ranked Rafael Nadal -- owner of 17 Grand Slam titles -- and beating No.
- Nick Kyrgios After claiming the biggest title of his career in Acapulco on Saturday night, the controversial Australian Nick Kyrgios admitted that he had been out jet-skiing just a couple of hours before his final against world No. In his post-match interviews, Kyrgios acknowledged that he needs to show more consistent discipline.
- Get all the information on how to watch the Mexican Open Live Streaming online below.
- Sign into your account or register for a new one 3. Select Live Streaming 4.
- Stephens, a champion in Acapulco in , and Collins will be joined in the draw by top 30 players including Mihaela Buzarnescu, Hsieh Su-Wei and Donna Vekic, while two-time defending champion Lesia Tsurenko will not return to defend her title.
It will be Nadal's first match since his five-set loss to rival Roger Federer in the Australian Open final. Should the seeds hold true to form, Nadal would face Delray Beach champion Jack Sock in the quarterfinals and potentially third-seeded Marin Cilic in the semifinals.
Uncle Toni Nadal, Rafa's coach, announced earlier this month this will be his last season travelling the tour with his nephew. Maybe what he thinks now will change at the end of the season. It would be sad not to have Toni on the circuit.
Besides, Rafa is a great mate and I have played almost all my career alongside him and Roger. So the longer they go, much better.
- Reddit Nick Kyrgios.
- Kyrgios dropped the first set and then spoke to the trainer, complaining of being "sick" but not wanting to stop because the press would "blow it up" and he would get booed by the crowd. The year-old also attempted some unusual tactics, occasionally rushing the net behind his return and serving underhand in the third set.
- Famous in its heyday as a destination for Hollywood stars, from John Wayne to Sylvester Stallone, Acapulco has become more known in recent years as the scene of bloody turf wars between drug cartels. City and state officials are trying to use the Mexican Open to fight back against that reputation, and the tournament has become a major drawcard: this year, five of the world's top 10 men's players came -- six if you count world number two Rafael Nadal, who had to pull out at the last minute because of injury.
- After winning the Acapulco title in stunning fashion it sure sounded like it. Paul Johnson Nick Kyrgios is the new king of Acapulco.